Vacuum leak problem - Page 5 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Vacuum leak problem

Featured Replies

yes I was reading mine backwards. (I just naturaly read clockwise).

Thanks mjr. Kudos are hard to come by...

Good luck with the car, it's not exactly clear what exactly you fixed though. Was it just the timing being off and a vacuum leak? Bad distributor? Just needed a good tune-up?

Fastwoman, you can't be THAT old, now me I was the medic on Noah's Ark.LOL. For now I think I'm going to use the 180 version, don't feel like pulling the oil pump again, since I have to take off the stabilizer bar to get to it.

Well, I remember Pres. Johnson, full service at the gas station with men in white bill caps, diners with gleaming stainless steel and Rockola juke box consoles at the table, the milk man, and the ice truck, and I was glued to the TV when Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the moon. :) My, how this world has changed since then!

(Thanks, also, for the kudos. This is a much kinder and gentler place than most places on the Internet. Very civilized people here!)

  • Author

Yup, me too. I remember cursing Johnson for sending me to sunny fun filled Vietnam.

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Just to close this out, I changed the FPR, advanced the AFM spring 4 teeth to lean it out, redid the oil pump and dizzy to the right spot,timing is at 10 degree's. The car runs well, its still rich and I still have low vacuum, but it runs well with no hesitation, stumble or other things. I'm going to check one other area for the vacuum leak, maybe the brake booster, the brakes work well but I have a feeling the booster is going bad. Thanks for all the help.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.