IGNORED

My Z build

Jonu

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

I know it's been forever and a day since I posted an update. since the last time I updated, I dropped the car off at a car shop before my last deployment. Progress has been slow but I'm ok with that since I know once it is finished, the frame and body will be good for quite sometime. First they pulled the car apart and media blasted it down to the metal. They then fixed the few little spots of rust. They said that it was the best car they had seen come through with only a couple of half dollar sized spots in the drivers foot well that were rusted through. All the rest of the rust was only surface rust. I was able to stop by on Monday and we talked about how I wanted it painted. I told them I was wanting to go with the factory metallic blue that it was originally painted with white side stripes. They ordered up a 4 oz. sample and sprayed a sample card with primer first then the paint and a clear coat so I could see how it would look. It seemed a little darker before it dried, but since it's done nothing but rain all week I haven't had a chance to get it in sunlight to see how it looks. At the moment I'm thinking I'll ask them to darken it up a couple of shades. Anyways, here is a picture of how the car currently sits and a horrible picture of what the paint looks like (it doesn't even look blue, I think the white balance was off). I've also bought all the necessary parts to convert it from an auto to manual, the MSD 40th anniversary ignition, and will be getting a Mallory Unilite distributor in a month or so. Only reason I got the anniversary ignition is due to it having the original MSD logo so that at first glance it looks like something from the 70s. 

0309151143.jpg

0309152205a.jpg