IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

Yeah I'd say so. He has owned, and owns a nice 240k 4 door at the moment. He was recommended to me by Kid-k, he's got some door trims there at the moment too. I like the fact he takes the time to get all the little details right.

I called in to Oztrim to drop off my other door trims for butchering. I decided using them would be easier than trying to find replacement chrome. Alan had pretty much finished the back seats and has sewn together the covers for the door trims. They haven't been fitted to the actual cards yet though. The seats look amazing, I'm super impressed. Even though the fabrics are different the overall look is factory.

img4446oh.jpg

img4445xo.jpg

This is the base of the back seat. It's pretty much finished but Alan wasn't quite happy with the overall fit so he's going to add some more padding. Looks pretty nice though.

img4449d.jpg

This is one of the door skins ready to be fitted to the backing board.

img4448yc.jpg

He's VERY particular which is great, he knows I'm pretty picky too but he's doing a fantastic job. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking to get work done. He'll be doing the entire car, new roof lining, parcel shelf, carpet etc.

I picked up a LD28 crank too. I've been playing with the idea of building a L28 Stroker. I sent the crank away to be linished and tested. Came back all good. Standard size and nice and straight.

img4453k.jpg

I'm goign to have a chat with Peter Mcdonnell about an engine build to try an get an idea of what's available and put together a budget, and maybe sell a kidney.

Edited by Adzmax

If you get a colour code on this can you let me know? it some point i need to repair and repaint my NOS GTR front grill (it has a little rust), pretty sure this paint colour should match (though havn't had them both out and side by side to be honest).

I dug out this gem tonight. I picked it up from Japan a few years ago as new old stock. It suffered some minor damage in storage, a couple of scuffs on the paint work. We tried using some thinners to clean off the paint scuffs and the original paint wiped straight off. It turns out The original paint is acrylic (duh...) so its a bit of a blessing in disguise, I'd much rather repaint the whole piece in 2 pack and match the over fenders and grill. The thing I'm most pleased about is that having this part will allow us to colour match to factory spec. :)

img4020z.jpg

Yep I'll let you know for sure. I just picked up a rusty old GTR grill too so I'll have to do this at some point. I'll post it up for sure.

I picked up the trim pieces and seat today. All the work is top notch! These pictures are not the best sorry.

img4505l.jpg

img4506g.jpg

These are the door skins. They are not 'true' to GTR's of the time as they didn't have carpet on them, just vinyl. I made a mistake there but I'm not really concerned, I actually quite like it and it will help to protect the doors from scuffs.

img4507g.jpg

img4508yd.jpg

Alan removed all of the chrome work and polished it. He also replaced the felt runners that sit against the windows.

img4509qr.jpg

img4510nm.jpg

The rear trim pieces.

img4511l.jpg

img4512di.jpg

img4513bz.jpg

And the completed rear seats!

I didn't bother putting holes for window winders as I picked up some switches and electric motors/mechanisms from Japan which I plan to service and fit. The motors/mechanisms just arrives today so I'll post up some shots. I figure it will be nice to have some mod cons!