Ignition coil - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ignition coil

Featured Replies

post-16635-14150818223615_thumb.jpg

Can someone tell where the blue wire goes to the coil plus or minus?

Dave

  • Author

The car is a 1971 240z built in March, I think it was on the plus .

Dave

I took that off my 71. I think all it was for was noise suppression. Car runs the same without it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yes, that is a condenser for reducing electric static on the AM radio stations, there should be one on the alternator also.

Bonzi Lon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.