IGNORED

Filling extra screw holes...

jharvat

I have several screw holes in the inner fender wells of my 240z's engine compartment. A couple of them are probably related to a long-departed air conditioning unit. As for the others, they seem to be the product of some unknown activity by previous owners.

In a perfect world, I would have them all welded shut. As for now, however, I wonder if any of you have found a source for plastic or rubber studs (for lack of a better term) that could be used to securely fill the holes.

All help is appreciated! :)

My vote is to use an epoxy putty. There are several two part kneadable puttys out there. This has the advantange of actually making a permanent seal for the hole and with careful application will leave a very attractive and small repair.

Agreed

When I redid my inner fender, I used a tube of stuff called plastic metal. It made the repair so very easy. I also recommend

www.automotivetouchup.com

they can match your OEM color VERY close. I have a thread on here somewhere that shows my inner fender repair. I had 13 or so holes in there from an AC install I removed.