IGNORED

door lock mech. pics?

KAL7467

I need to see a pic that shows how the door lock rod on the outer door handle attaches to the door lock mech. I found a thread with this exact question and pic but the pic was gone because the thread was from 2008 and the FSM shows a black and wite taken apart diagram. I am interested is seeing if the plastic adjusting nut goes over or under the latch on the mech where it attaches. if it goes under it holds itself in place but if it goes ontop I will need to use a nut to secure it

The rod goes from the outside door handle and just rest in the hole. The adjusting nut sets loose in the hole and can be adjusted up or down to adjust the amount of pull needed to open the door nothing holds it in place. When you pull up on the handle it pushes the rod down to open the door. I just put my new handles on last night.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so freaking much. that pic is awsom and is going to make things a ton easier when I put my doors back together. lucky for me the windows are out so no bloody hands. but I have a feeling getting all the window parts back in is not going to be a breeze either