IGNORED

leaky injector question

anthony280z2+2

about a week ago while worming the car i noticed a smell of gas coming from under the hood.my car usually smell like exhaust but this smell was pure gas. i turn off the car and noticed the middle injector was crying gas. the leak seems to come from under the connection. actually like mid way of the injector that's visible. after i found that i stop driving it that day. the next day i was going to show the problem to a friend but it seemed to disapear we ran it for about two miles with no leak. Then yesturday it came back, but today it ran without any leak AGAIN.is this injector bad or can it be fixed.has anyone had a similar problem.by the way in youtube a person had the exact same problem on a older mercedes and on his discription added that the leak stop by itself also

if you just plan on doing nothing, get a fire extinguisher because you're probably going to have to use it.

sounds to me like you need to replace all the rubber hoses that connect to the injectors. ALL of them asap

with special fuel injection hose rated for high pressures.

I haven't been driving the car since, but i turn it on and let it run to see if it keeps on doing it.its not the same from running it on the highway but im not going to risk it.i will replace the rubber hoses, who knows how old are they?.the times it leaked it seemed to be coming from the injector itself

You might want to get them as soon as you can. I bought a set after asking Fastwomen about them.....haven't installed them yet but, the guy who is selling them told me he is almost out of them and his supplier is steadily raising his prices. If you get them and install them right away post what you think of them.

Is that the FJ3 injector? It seems like they have quit making those by looking at all the online parts stores. Most have "only 3 left" or "wholesaler closeout". Do they have the small hole at the tip or the opened up one with the square with small hole at the tip? I realize you haven't seen them 1st hand so PLEASE let us know when you do. I've got to get mine and there's nothing but generic pictures online so once again I'm confused. Thanks.

Yes, FJ3 sounds right. The ebay seller says they're "Standard Ignition," but I recall the name of the manufacturer might be slightly different -- Standard SomethingElseSimilar. Mine have painted black (almost a very dark olive green) bodies with beige plastic tops and connectors. Mine didn't have a square hole at the tip (you mean where the fuel comes out??). It was just a small, round hole, about the size of the pintle.