IGNORED

1970 240z uk project

Jason240z

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

Looks like ST sway bars. Do you like them?

A) Yes, as in the rear fit is great for me

B ) No as I need to measure what movement i've got on the front before the bar hits the rail, a little more thought would be nice.  I actually fixed the rear problems, as one link should be longer than the other to prevent pre tensioning the bar(due to the mounting areas being flipped on the pressings on the control arms.  However lets see how they work.  The rear might be a a couple of MM too thick, although its thinner than other places offered!

Edited by Jason240z
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not much progress as i'm waiting on a few bits arriving and some time to do stuff.

Got a v5 and Reg number which is ace.

spent some time farting about deciding on wheel colour for its main wheels.

[IMG]

Thought I had decided, however still not sure.

[IMG]
[IMG]

Got a decent LHD dash.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Got some tyres, managed to get them at a more sensible price than normal, i'm very pleased as they look so good, have amazing 'performance' reviews.

[IMG]

https://classic.michelin.com/en/Classic-Tyre-range/MXV3-A

195/65/14.

Also decided on a gearbox. Thanks to Alan T ;

from a 1972 KGC10 model Skyline GT showroom option 5-speed.
Ratios 3.321, 2.077, 1.308, 1.000, 0.864 and 3.382 reverse, It is an FS5C71-B flanged output transmission with Servo type synchros.

Sold a load of spare bits to free up cash for all the above, met a couple of club members which was nice. Feels nice to de-clutter also.

A few bits being made, so I can properly put the running gear in, might actually get an engine in it next year.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

As a glacial update..... life has got in the way over the past few years, the below brings me to where I'm at....

Disc bells and brackets designed

TrW7Dq1.jpg

tZYyqef.jpg

painted up the front panel 'factory style'

tzUrkxQ.jpg

had the radiator treated to a triple pass copper core.  had a bit of a faff getting the finish correct on it. got there in the end.

pHFAG1T.jpg

erPSRJT.jpg

fitted the rear bumper

ifUzmCx.jpg

antagonised over seats for a few years(Sorry Alan T!).  However using one of his pics I managed to get something made in the same sort of 'feel'.

The dream

ALlkCQR.jpg

What I ended up with 

vquuZxv.jpg

N8MNYvp.jpg

PTtdGBE.jpg

N80BDyD.jpg

IHQ6UoJ.jpg

fMYy7Al.jpg

GtVEeSe.jpg

Edited by Jason240z
  • Like 2

you'll spot the laser measure, I've got these sitting lower than standard seats.  however they still need to go a little lower due to them not 'squashing' as much.

brake clearance.  280mm under 14" wheels

Dn7DbPT.mp4

Cleaned up the tank and had it painted 

had some detailed bits made

nzWUisi.jpg

Driveshafts shorted

dUhSANj.jpg

• Like 1