77 & 78 gauges - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

77 & 78 gauges

Featured Replies

Are the 77 and 78 dash gauges interchangeable?

Totally. Functionally in every way. Same mounting. Connectors are the same too. There was a font change on the gauge faces, but I think that happened sometime in 76-77 transistion.

I thought the 78 Speedo has a thing on the back that affects the emmissions? I think it connects to the BCDD?

  • Author

I will check with my Z mechanic buddy today and post what I find. Thanks TomoHawk. How is your EFI system performing? Mine suck's right now!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

If there is additional components on the speedo, would be simple to transfer the sensor package on the back to the new one.

My EFI is working just fine. The engine isn't so happy when I try to start it in 30-degree air tho.

  • Author

Do you have strick smog laws out there in Ohio? We do here in CA. 0.5% CO at idle and part throttle. That is really lean for my Z. And it is stock.

Yes, there are smog laws, but no smog ether. Ohio has beautifully clean air, unless you live downwind to a cow-barn or pig-barn. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.