IGNORED

New project and smoothed out balance tube project anyone?

Healey Z

I have a little project I'm going to do. I have a used and not so perfect Moto Lita wood wheel that is left over from a cobra replica I use to own, that I want to put on my Healey. As you can see it needs some modifications to work. Yes I could go spend $400 on a new one, but the wheel has been hanging around the garage, the ring was $10 and I have access to a welder set up for aluminum and I'm ready for a little project.

0adabe59.jpg

6c12bd07.jpg

Which brings me to the second part. I have an extra balance tube that I am going to bring along with me and weld up the top 4 holes, like i did on my current motor, allowing the tube to smoothed out. I will save it for future use, or I will part with it for a reasonable price if anyone is interested. The price will depend on how much work I do, but somewhere between $40-$90, plus $5 shipping.

32477210.jpg

1686c8c1.jpg

On my application, I cut off all stands and plugged every hole, except for the PCV port. Does that make sense for 240Z applications? I noticed the Euro balance tube retains that back two port openings.

Does the Healey have manual brakes? The Z needs a fitting near the back for the big brake booster hose.

Yea, good 'ol fashion stomp on the pedal manual brakes. What is the second port in the rear of the tube used for?

I'm not aware of the use for the second port at the rear. I don't think it was used, not on US 240Zs anyway, but my memory is fuzzy as I haven't run SUs in a while.