IGNORED

wire harness question for a '78

Nightscraper

77 and 78 use many different functions. One example is the fuel pump switch built into the AFM. 77 Uses it, 78 does not. I doubt you can simply interchange most of the two harnesses.

Edited by cygnusx1

There was someone on this forum about a year ago (can't remember his screen name) doing the same thing (maybe in reverse, 78 in a 77) and had nothing but aggravation.

Is yours destroyed are you hoping that a full replacement will fix some problems? Many parts of the factory stock harness look like they've been "hacked" on but are actually built that way new. Most of the problems in the old harnesses are at the ends where the connections and corrosion are. Might be more worthwhile to work through the problems one by one.

ok ill give that a shot @zed only reason why im wanting a new one/better condition is so i can just build this thing from the ground up without having any issues with older parts or the ones that are in it :P

i just purchased a factory service manual so im giong to start hitting it with that :)

The only parts of my harness system that have deteriorated are (or were) the engine harness connectors (rotted) and a heater fan motor connector (whose spade connectors fell out). All were replaceable. The Bosch-style engine harness connectors are available on ebay ("280z injector connectors").