IGNORED

Is The 280Z Fuel Injection a "Good" System?

Captain Obvious

• 1 year later...

John, nothing about the description "computes." They're describing something from a different era -- rev limiting, VVT, anything digital, anything programmed. About the only thing accurate about the ad is the disclaimer at the bottom saying the photograph might not resemble the product. In fact most of the stuff on the board wasn't around in 1981. This may be a digital replacement for the L-Jet ECU, but it's certainly not a revamped L-Jet.

On a related note, I sometimes see ads relating to the rechipping or reprogramming of our ECUs. People will even take our money and sell us something. I don't know what they're selling, though, because rechipping or reprogramming an L-Jet ECU would be like adding a larger hard drive to a typewriter.

Edited by FastWoman

I saw a few ads for the (G-Force?) performance "chip" but it's just a fancy resistor that you connect to the air flow sensor to lean the mixture. You don't even connect it to the controller board, and it's not even a chip, in the sense of an ePROM, or even DIP integrated circuit.

The wolf racing ECU is for a turbo which has a few extras in the system (crank angle sensor, knock sensor, O2 sensor...)

Exactly. There is a lot that can be done with those additional parameters and JWT can custom program the unit to meet your engine specs. I know at least one person running one of these ECUs on his turbo 280ZXT and its making over 400hp and passes CA smog every two years.