IGNORED

Electrical Issue... Radio/Fan stays on when car is "off"

Milenko2121

So then check your fusible links. That means pulling the links and checking resistance. Also examine the boxes that hold the links. Look for corrosion or heat degradation (melting).

the only fusible links would be next to the battery correct? i have 3 fusible links, and i got rid of the corroded wires and replaced the fuses.

The wiring diagram on Blue's page shows 5 fusible links. Two sets of two, and a single one coming off of the battery.

Edit: While you may have multiple problems, you still have to eat the elephant one bite at a time. First, go through getting initial power to the fuel pump via the circuit as designed, etc. When you have all of the components fixed, it's a good chance your car will be running again. By the way, the 5th fusible link I mentioned goes to the fuel injection system.

Edited by SteveJ
Added info

the previous owner did a number on the wiring.

That's a familiar story. In my 260Z, I found a wire coming off the 12VDC+ side of the coil that ran through the engine bay, into the passenger area, and all of the way back to the fuel pump, where it was taped into the connector. Needless to say, I removed it.

Before you throw in the towel, follow up on my suggestion of printing out the wiring diagram. Use that, the FSM & FI bible to assess what has been hacked, etc. You may be able to just buy used wiring harnesses and undo the IPO's (idiot previous owner) "repairs". It could be a lot cheaper than hiring a mechanic.

It can be tricky to find a good mechanic with a solid understanding of electrical systems.

I would start with Roger at Zbarn & Oliver at Z Specialties. Z Car Source is also a viable option, but expect to pay more.

You have to be patient with Roger getting back to you. Oliver will probably get back to you quicker. Be sure to give them the month & year printed on the VIN plate on the door jamb to enable them to provide you with the correct harnesses. You'll probably want at least the engine & FI harnesses. The body harness might not be a bad thing to buy, too.