IGNORED

73 240 Resto Started

brentz

Brent looks great...I'm a bit further ahead, and am really just down to exhaust which is being assembled one cut and bend at a time out of a 304 stainless steel builder's kit. I am not even going to try and weld it myself so I measure, grind, cut then have a guy weld it up for me...the last nasty section from the diff carrier to the Ansa should be finished today, then I can fit the hangers. I too thought I would have been finished a while ago and have only 15 minutes running time on the motor, I did get to do some 10 mph lengths of the lot out back so I can say I have driven it! Good luck...things which slowed me down were vanishing grounds, and a clutch issue which meant I had to pull the transmision down...which may have to come down again as I think the output shaft seal isn't in right, arg.

Ollie, thanks for the encouragement. I think that is a great concept with a nice SS exhaust system. Curious what you mean by vanishing grounds? Do you mean electrical grounds?

I have a few anxieties that won't be settled until the engine runs and the car shifts..I shudder the thought of the redo!

Hi Brent, yes mine were electrical grounds. As for having to pull down the transmission, I am almost positive mine will have to come down again, but perhaps I will get lucky. On my exhaust, becasue I can't weld stainless (or much else for that matter) I have spent a fortune on this exhaust. I went with a 304 Mandrel bent builders kit, and focused on a Ansa tail pipe which has been a real PITA to fit...I think I finally have it "close enough" and will be picking up the pipes tonight...I can take a pic once it is up. Mine goes from a Stahl header into 2.5" with a mid resonator and then into the Ansa. So close to having the car finished, this Monday night will be the very end!