IGNORED

New owner of a 78 coupe

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I noticed I have not been on here in a few weeks...It is football season so time gets away from me. I decided to go ahead and do the whole car. Now, I do not mean I am doing a $30k restoration, but we have agreed on a number to remove all rust and replace it, floor pans, rockers, battery tray area...etc. I am also having the body repaired and having a color change done.

I decided to go with the 2012 Nissan KAD Gunmetal Grey color. Here comes my request. I will be putting the Rota RB wheels on the car. I was wandering if anyone out there either has pictures or can photoshop up a picture of this car color with a couple of rim colors. I can not decide between hyberblack, gunmetal, or silver. The progress is coming along great. I stopped by the shop today and couldn't be more excited/anxious. I need to buy wheels soon though so we can see the stance of the car on the ground to know how to approach the suspension and eliminating the hated gap between top of the tires and fenders.

Thanks,

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Figured everyone may want to see the results. I am very pleased. I need new wheels and tires. Still have a few things to address, but the largest job is complete. And when you can say that about a car restoration less than 3 months before becoming a father....that makes for a happy Z owner!

Hope you all enjoy!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Jamie

• 1 month later...

WOW, I love that color. I might be doing a similar color when I get mine painted. I think the silver with polished lip would look the best with that color. The silver will really pop against that dark grey. Thats just me. Im not a fan of dark centered wheels with polished lips.

With the time delay between my post and yours, I had already come to the decision. I will be getting 15x7 Rota RB wheels in silver. I am simply awaiting a time when me can purchase them comfortably. I am awaiting the birth of my first child, December 21. I since have blown the head gasket due to a coolant flow issue. I will be digging into getting that fixed this Wednesday. Then, if all goes well. I should be on the road.

Looking forward to it.

Jamie

IMG_0374.jpg

I think this picture sums up the main reason why the cowl to firewall seal eventually starts leaking and soaking the floors.. making the floors rust.

There only a tiny area of the cowl under those supports that allows rain water to drain to the sides.

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 3 years later...

Has been TOO long since I've posted. However, in some sort I use this as a timeline of my cars journey. 

I ran into a guy at a local restaurant a couple months ago wearing a Datsun hat. I made the comment "only Z guys wear Datsun hats..." to my friend. This guy turns around and says, "it's in the parking lot. Let's go."

In the end, he is the top guy in our local Z car club. One thing lead to another and he hooked me up with someone in the club who could help me out. Had my carpet kit installed, new wiring harness installed, front and rear bumpers mounted, and a few other miscellaneous things. 

I am happy about where this car is at. Still some things I would like to do, but I guess that never stops. 

Thanks for checking in,

Jamie

IMG_5757.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG