IGNORED

Anyone know what this is?

steve91tt

When I bought my 1971 240Z it came with an extra wiring harness. The previous owner told me that his mechanic told him to buy it back in the mid 80's but he never got around to installing it before he put the car away. The tag on the harness says "24012E4602". It looks to be brand new and never installed. Does anyone know if this is indeed the dash harness for 1971 and does anyone know of someone that might need such a part for their restoration?

• 5 months later...

Denny, there are two ways to find out. You can buy the parts fiche CD from this site, thereby supporting this site financially, or you can go to carpartsmanual.com and find the correct part number for your car.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me and telling me how to find more info! I see that part "24012E4602" is an engine harness for a std transmission 240Z. Since mine is an automatic, it looks like it won't work.

It looks like I might need these 2 parts:

24012-E4703 ASSY-HARNESS ENGINE (superceded by 24012-E8301 ASSY-HARNESS ENGINE)

24013-E8801 ASSY-HARNESS INSTRUM (superceded by 24013-E8303 ASSY-HARNESS INSTRUM)

I am not totally sure my wires can't be repaired; it's just that electrical smoke completely filled the cabin (coming from the dash) and engine compartment, so my guess is it's pretty much fried. I won't have a chance to take the dash out for a while, so I'm just lining up things now. Any other suggestions?