Help with heater cable - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help with heater cable

Featured Replies

Hi there,

I am in the process of finally reassembling my car and am almost ready to put the heater controls etc. in before the dash and have run into a snag. On the left side of the heater box, where the cables attach, I am not sure how to run a cable. It controls the big flap in the center and I don't know if I am missing a part or what is going on. If I just hook up the cable, I can't get the arm to pivot and close/open the flap. I have enclosed a picture and if someone has a picture or advice that would be great.

carl

post-11951-14150816346187_thumb.jpg

Looks like you're missing a piece. Mine has a metal bracket that the cable passes through to hold the cable sleeve stationary so the cable will be able to push and pull against this bracket.

The bracket attaches with the screw shown in the top, center of your picture. I will try to get a picture of mine attached to this thread sometime today.

Dan

Carl,

240dkw has perfect pictures of the missing bracket. Much better than any I could post. Good luck.

Dan

  • Author

Thanks, I am definitely missing a bracket. I need to see if I still have it or what I can do without it.

Carl

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.