IGNORED

Help with heater cable

cbudvet

Hi there,

I am in the process of finally reassembling my car and am almost ready to put the heater controls etc. in before the dash and have run into a snag. On the left side of the heater box, where the cables attach, I am not sure how to run a cable. It controls the big flap in the center and I don't know if I am missing a part or what is going on. If I just hook up the cable, I can't get the arm to pivot and close/open the flap. I have enclosed a picture and if someone has a picture or advice that would be great.

carl

post-11951-14150816346187_thumb.jpg

Looks like you're missing a piece. Mine has a metal bracket that the cable passes through to hold the cable sleeve stationary so the cable will be able to push and pull against this bracket.

The bracket attaches with the screw shown in the top, center of your picture. I will try to get a picture of mine attached to this thread sometime today.

Dan