IGNORED

I'm back!! My new 240k coupe

240KtoGTR

Hi Guys,

I'm back from overseas and as mentioned in Uras1's thread a couple of months ago I thought I would share pictures of my new coupe. It's a 1974 2 door, completely original, and apart from some spongy brakes, drives pretty well. I'm planning on tidying her up for Rego, and enjoying driving her with a view to a full restoration and possibly converting to a G.T.R replica in the future.

Cheers.

post-20477-14150816161142_thumb.jpg

post-20477-14150816157287_thumb.jpg

post-20477-1415081615799_thumb.jpg

post-20477-14150816158587_thumb.jpg

post-20477-14150816159928_thumb.jpg

post-20477-14150816160542_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,

I think it's had a relaxing life up till now, first owner was a Reverand, second an old married couple, third a mature gentleman, and I'm the fourth. Plus the fact that it's automatic, hasn't been doing any burnouts haha. I will keep it yellow for now, but if I decide to go G.T.R replica, then maybe white might be the go. My first port of call will be to find a 4sp manual gearbox, (trying to keep her as original as possible), so will be on the lookout for an original L6 gearbox and shifter, pedals e.t.c.

My first port of call will be to find a 4sp manual gearbox, (trying to keep her as original as possible), so will be on the lookout for an original L6 gearbox and shifter, pedals e.t.c.

These came out with 5 speeds didn't they?. I believe it was only the cars that were badged as GT's had the 4 speed.

These came out with 5 speeds didn't they?. I believe it was only the cars that were badged as GT's had the 4 speed.

The 4sd gearbox was used till at least November 1973,as my previous car was a 4sd, my current car is a March 1974. The First couple of hundred 240k's imported were badged as GTs, that was around March 1973.From then on they were GL's ,I'm not sure when the change occured to 5sd, but as I'm going to set it up for cruising, I think a 4sd will do the job. A 5sd is better suited for faster acceleration, I suppose whichever one I find first.

The 4sd gearbox was used till at least November 1973,as my previous car was a 4sd, my current car is a March 1974. The First couple of hundred 240k's imported were badged as GTs, that was around March 1973.From then on they were GL's ,I'm not sure when the change occured to 5sd, but as I'm going to set it up for cruising, I think a 4sd will do the job. A 5sd is better suited for faster acceleration, I suppose whichever one I find first.

5th is overdrive, well it is in the two 5 speeds I have,