IGNORED

A concept drawing of future Fairlady design.

gusbo

Hey guys!

My name's Tom and I'm from Poland. I own a 72' 240Z. It's my first ever Z but I feel like own it for ages as it's been fully rebuilt by me. Anyway I thought about it's styling and what I really like about it's lines and wanted to incorporate those features into a modern day car. Here's what I came up with:

scanpic0009c.jpg

I hope you feel some S30 within it's lines.:)

great artwork, very talented. I like the more modern interpretation while holding onto the old styling cues (something the 350 never had for me)

Sadly the pedestrian crash requirements won't let cars (with the engine in the front) ever be really sleek like that again. The hoods just have to be too high to absorb the impact so that it can absorb the impact before the engine stops the movement. The new Subaru/Toyota car gets some help with that by using a flatter engine. But unfortunately, there's a regulatory reason behind the more modern big high hood look.

Trevor

http://www.240z.me

Thanks guys. As far as pedestrian safety is concerned I agree with what some said but there are different ways of achieving it. There are pop-up hoods for instance that can make a lot of difference and that's why we will see a lot more low cars with nice and proportional silhouette. That said - it's only a sketch of how I'd like the car to look.