IGNORED

Need title

GrtRat1

Just for info I have bought cars before without a title. there are several title companys that do this kind of work. You can find info on there websites for what they can and can not do. You have to sign a stetment that to your knowledge the car is not stolen. Provide a bill of sale and about $300. They provide a title that you can take to the DMV and get a title for your particular state. FWIW

Found this Z for sale.. but has no title.. how hard is it to get a title these days?

I see the car is already sold - but FEOI.

Is the car for sale in Florida? Several States do not require a Title for cars over a certain age - usually it's 20 years. So for example if you bought the car in Georgia - and received only a Bill Of Sale and older Registration Slip - Florida would issue a title after the car was inspected by DMV, Police Officer, Notiary Public, or Auto Dealer..

Changing a title in Florida used to cost $15.00 up untill about 5 years ago -now it is $125.00 title fee.

As others have mentioned - it's not hard to get a title - just gets expensive!! You also take the risk that the car was stolen... and at some point the VIN may show up on the wrong computer system...

Always the best rule is - NO TITLE - NO SALE. Let the seller deal with it...

FWIW,

Carl B.

I think it also depends upon how long it has been since the car was last registered. I checked with AAA on a car I wanted to buy. I knew the car had not had tags for at least 9 years. The lady there checked in the DMV system and the car was no longer in. She said to just get the bill of sale and present it when I want to get the car registered. If and when I ever do, I'll probably have to take it to a highway patrol station so that they can inspect its roadworthiness, but I don't anticipate any large fees for it.