IGNORED

Welcome Kenmeri <3

uras1

Standard fault...usually crack near the side glass, it's the original join. The fact that it was spot welded then lead filled makes them crack, but not really move. All my projects have had a plate welded in it's place, especially QWIK, as I'm hoping for 500hp...I should have a picture of the plate somewhere, will check,,,

Cool, thanks. So I can probably load it with lead to refinish, I guess.

Sorry to threadjack, I just thought I spotted the same problem on the top L/H corner of your rear side window. Cool car by the way, just what I'm looking for myself, for a rolling resto.

I found a minta for a guy who was after a hardtop a few years back when I was unable to get it myself - now I'm looking for one, I've been searching unsuccessfully for nearly 2 years! Tons of projects out there, just not many daily drivers.:ermm:

I know you're not planning on doing an original resto, but looking forward to progress...doesn't a simple clean make a massive difference?

• 3 months later...

not much has happened lately due to other projects on the go. Still finding the little parts i need for this, managed to get a skyline GT badge set, front gaurd corner moulds, fron windscreen mould set, inner door handles and latch set, front interior pillar cover, rear interior pillar cover and a rust free bootlid from japan.

also got a quote for soda blasting the shell which wasnt to bad.

biggest thing i need now is a bonnet, im sure i will come across a half ok one soon.

Good to see you are collecting all the bits that were either missing or damaged, from memory the needles for the gauges were missing, if you need a set, let me know as I got a set of gauges from Japan. Out of curiosity, how much were you quoted to soda blast?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

might have a dash coming but if it doesn't come i will let you know.

qoute was around 800ish from memory. im goin paint strip most panels and sandblast my self and just get the shell done though so it will be cheaper then that.

few extra bits

27102011026.jpg

27102011027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

yeh once i finish a my other projects it will be getting done.

won these which i was suprised about http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k140864120

got a truck load of stainless trims as well and will sort out the best and repair them.

also aiming to win some fender mirrors to if all goes well, also tried to get a mint dash but the buyer wanted it more then me after a extra hour of bidding was had :(