IGNORED

1971 240Z auctioned for $2,300 - state of the Z

Zed Head

Thought this might be interesting to some as far as gauging the 240Z's current popularity. I had thought about going to this auction to see if I could "steal" a 240Z for under $1,000. The car and auction were on Craigslist for about 5 days before it sold. It was correctly identified as a 240Z, not an SX, on CL.

The link should last, they have all of their old auctions up.

https://speedstowingauction.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/28/lot/5806/

Someone in that area should call him up and twist his nips a little. Ask him "how can it be a one owner vehicle if it just sold last week at an online auction?" and "how do you know so much about it if you aren't the original owner?"

I'd do it if I had a portland area code.

Interesting...so now it's for sale on Portland craigslist, described as "ONE OWNER" in title, for $8000, but "CASH IS KING MAKE ME A OFFER".

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2466465822.html

Gary S.

He's edited this CL post down to $6500 already.

1971 DATSUN 240 Z ONE OWNER 503-995-6692 - $6500 (SE PORTLAND)

Date: 2011-06-28, 12:47AM PDT

Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

1971 Z CAR NICEST ONE IN TOWN EVERYTHING WORKS EVERYTHING.FACTRY AC,DUAL SIDE DRAFT CARBS,FOUR SPEED,YOU NAME IT IT HAS IT,# MATCHING,ALWAYS INSIDE,VERY WELL LOVED BUT NEEDS A NEW HOME,DONT WAIST MY TIME IF YOU DONT HAVE CASH DEPOSIT NO TEST DRIVE,CAR WILL NOT BE SHOWN ON RAINY DAYS,(503)995-6692 ,KEY WORDS:JEEP,WRANGLER,CHEV,DODGE,FORD,DATSUN Z,240,260,280,Z CAR,TOYOTA,NISSAN,HONDA,SUBARU,CAMARO,NOVA,CHEVELL,$6500/OBO/TRADE?(503)995-6692 CALL I MAY TRADE YA CASH IS KING MAKE ME A OFFER 503-995-6692

Edited by Zed Head

Just for fun. He's down to $5,900 and has changed the ad to show second owner. Still looks like a nice car. A new CL posting -

71 DATSUN 240Z 4-SPEED , 83000 ORIGINAL DOCUMENTED MILES. NICE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR. STRAIGHT BODY, AND BUMPERS. AC WITH PUMP. ALL LIGHTS IN AND OUT WORK. ALL GLASS IS GOOD. DOORS OPEN AND CLOSE NICE. ALL GAUGES WORK INCLUDING THE CLOCK. ORIGINAL POWER ANT. WORKS. ORIGINAL WOOD STEERING WHEEL. CAR IS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT WHEELS AND TIRES. TIRES HAVE 80% PLUS TREAD. RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT. DRIVES LIKE IT SHOULD NICE AND TIGHT. WELL KEPT AND MAINTAINED. STILL HAS ORIGINAL PLATES AND TAGS. ADULT SECOND OWNER. $5900 503-995-6692 DATSUN NISSAN Z 240 280

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2473492309.html

More on this case history of a 240Z re-entering the market - Down to $5,000, from $8,000. Original cost = $2,300, plus any extra title transfer/transport fees, etc.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2473492309.html

71 DATSUN 240Z 4-SPEED ...(same text as above)...$5,000 503-995-6692 DATSUN NISSAN Z 240 280

This ad reminds me of the thief that I bought my car from in Salem, Oregon, maybe he has moved to Portland : )

Alot of the wording is the same, down to the needs a little love, with a paint job it would be a show car!

Same storyline too....found out afterwards (when I got Ebay fraud dept. involved after never receiving title), it was the same classic, buy and quick flip for a nice profit, enhancing the value by lying about the condition.

3+ years and thousands of $'s later, it still needs that paint job (along with alot of other things)

My avatar photo is one of the ads from the auction : )

Live and learn

Edited by MEZZZ

I might go check it out just to see what a decent-shape old 240Z looks like. All I've really seen so far are worn-out 280Zs and ZXs.

The seller hasn't done anything outrageous, except leaving himself out as the 2nd owner, now fixed. Maybe he's legit.