IGNORED

Wow!!! I thought SBlake01 was active!

That happens sometimes when Mike does some database maintenance. No idea why. I fixed it.

I'm more concerned about mine - 7500 posts since June, 2005. I really ought to get a life!

I find myself drawn less and less to this forum ( website ).

The old forum was easier and less convoluted , at least to me !

3 times in a row I could not log on - either site maintenance or something else.

Can someone tell me why this change again ? I miss the old site , I really do .

Can someone tell me why this change again ? I miss the old site , I really do .
Because - just like old versions of Windows, for example - the previous forum software was outdated, full of security issues and bugs, difficult to maintain, and very close to becoming unsupported by the vendor due to age. Yes, the change has been rather dramatic, and it takes a while to get used to something new. But staying with the old version would not have been viable forever. We will need to adapt.

I think the new forum is very user friendly. Arne is right, if the old software is obsolete, then the forum software has to be changed because vendor support and ease of maintanence is crucial . As the Sheryl Crow song says "Change will do you good." Just my opinion.

Brad