Front blinker light lens screws - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front blinker light lens screws

Featured Replies

I'm replacing the lens covers on the front large blinker lights of my 71 Z. Several of the screws have been broken trying to get them out. Anyone know where I might pick up a dozen or so of these screws? Thanks for your help. Guy

I couldn't find them, so I went with the next best thing I could find.

I went to the local hobby store and found some stainless screws and a die to get as close to the original thread pitch and size as I could. I don't recall exactly right off the top of my head, but I think I went with standard as opposed to metric, 4-40 1" long is what I recall.

FWIW

E

  • Author

Thanks E........I'll check that out. Guy

Hey Guy,

Just incase you haven't gotten any yet. I got new ones from Lowe's when I was working on my turn signal lenses. I'm not sure of the size, but just take an unbroken one in and match it up. If you don't have any that didn't break I can check the size sometime, think I bought more than I needed in case I had to remove them again.

Bryce

Lowes has a decent metric stainless selection in their hardware department.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks everyone.......I'll report back when I find some! Guy

  • Author

Update........I found them at Ace Hardware........4-40 x 3/4.........E, you were close. Thanks for everyone's input. By the way.....they were 79 cents for 5 stainless machine screws. Guy

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.