IGNORED

Real Datsun 240Z Rally front bumper???

esprist

I just obtained some parts that originally came from from Nissan Zama Museum.

It looks very authentic that it is using original bumper rubber parts and stuff.

Please take a look some pictures here. Mr. Carl Beck might have an idea what these are since he has done some a nice job on his beautiful Baja car.;)

post-16910-14150814934322_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150814934636_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150814934893_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150814935125_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150814935321_thumb.jpg

Sorry, but it looks absolutely nothing like a genuine Nissan 'Monte Carlo' / 'Drop' bumper....

Obviously it doesn't have the two large chrome over-riders between the two horizontal levels, but the ends that would meet the missing over-riders would not be shaped in the way that these are anyway. Also the centre section is too short, and the genuine bumpers didn't have a rubber strip in the middle horizontal section either. Can't be off a works car either as it does not have the four mounts for the spotlamps on the centre section, or the holes that would be left over after they were removed.

Looks 'home made' to me. And that may indeed be the very reason that Safari Motors or whoever at Zama didn't want it anymore.....

Thank you for your help here Alan and 26th Z.

There are no big bumper guards as you mentioned.

I need to look into it.

By the way, Nissan used to dump many things like you can never imagine: test body shell with no VIN, test car which never came out to the market, and so on.

I have heard the company which was in charge of crushing and disposing products from Nissan use to sell them behind Nissan's back. So I have seen so many wierd stuff...........

Alan T

I'm curious about the basis of the statement

the four mounts for the spotlamps on the centre section

Looking at the photos of car 18 '73 TAP after crunching the front left corner clearly shows the drop bumper bent down, there is still a mount rail across under the driving lights and the lights are still in the usual locations.

Actually, the left side lights appear to have been lifted slightly.

This tends to fit with the set-back of the lights on works cars.

The mounting tabs would be at least 55mm long projecting out behind a flexible centre bar section in order to fit those particular Hella lights which doesn't seem likely.

btw, I agree that this bar is nothing like a works bar. The outer sections project in past the overrider too, which I've never seen on a works example.

Edited by aarc240