IGNORED

1971 Datsun 240ZG - JDM-Style Modified Gnose on Craigslist

auzziez

Good Looking and a Great Body!

Saw this beauty on Craigslist:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2381230809.html

I used to own this car after my friend restored it. He spent over $30K. (5 yrears ago?) I sold it to a guy in Kansas City for around $5000. And he later put it up on Ebay and sold it to another owner in Northern CA before this seller for $8000 or so.

Bad thing is, it has a salvage title. It was theft recovery. The paint is not so great. (it keeps bubbling up. When I had it, it had an Automatic transmission. That is probably why this guy painted the hood in black and installed rear wing. My friend's wife was driving it with AC/Power windows/Automatic trans. Engine had headgasket external leak between #3 and #4. G-nose was 2 PC aftermarket. I would not buy it if I were you. The car was not in good condition to begin with.

Edited by esprist

I know the seller personally, and he is a very straight forward and a honest guy. He will not hide ANYTHING on this car, nor tell you any false facts. The description of the car is very straight forward. I am glad esprist has given some more information on the car, as he did not know whether it was a salvage title due to damage or a theft recovery.

The paint is definitely a 10 footer, but it has no signs of major rust. I don't recall finding any surface rust either. The transmission was converted to a 5 speed.

Overall it is a good car, but not for someone who plans to have a show car.

I'm also familiar with this car. Seller is a great guy and put a lot of work into this car. Spitz17 is right, the paint is a 10 footer but not too bad. It just depends how picky you are LOL

It looks great with the diamond racing wheels, haven't seen those yet! Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the Fujitsubo exhaust sounds amazing