IGNORED

Rearend Vibration at 3000 rpm and above

Ok, I realize I have a drive line or half shaft issue but looking to confirm. Installed the RT diff mount, which made a huge difference! But I am finding an increasing vibration at 3000 rpms and above (gets worse, the higher the rpms). When I let off the gas, the vibration goes away, so is my assumption correct? Anything else I should check? Have an 83 5 speed and R200 diff installed. Visually, don't see any issues with u-joints, but that doesn't always mean anything. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Just a guess but be safe and check crank damper pulley, the symptom seems linked to motor/transmission rpms, not the rear end rotational rpms. It may just be that the vibration is now coupled better to the body with the new part.

Huh, I am not noticing any pulley wobbling in the engine, and had a complete engine rebuild about 4,000 miles ago. If the engine or tranny are the most likely culprits, am thinking it would be the transmission, as it was installed without rebuilding off an 83 Z and the vibration seems to be coming from the rear. If that is the case, what would cause the vibration from the tranny? Bad gears, etc? What would be the best way of determining tranny issues?

• 4 weeks later...