280z Tail Light Signals? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280z Tail Light Signals?

Featured Replies

Are the turn signals for the 280z tail lights supposed to be above or bellow?

Mine is setup wrong I think. Tried to find some videos of 280z turn signals for the rear but I found only custom LED light setups that implement the JDM or Europe style tails. these have an amber lens at the bottom of the red lens.

Here is an illustration I did to show what I mean.

5665945536_926f68129e_b.jpg

The turn signals are barely visible so I'm thinking they are in the wrong place maybe.

  • Author

huh so the bottome lamp is the turn signal after all.

I need to get this changed then probably.

Thanks

Here is a picture from the inside of my stock 76 -280.

post-13827-14150814678719_thumb.jpg

This is a funny subject. I have a 73 240, and my turn signals were on top, brakes on the bottom. I rewired them to do the opposite. I have seen other 240's where they were originaly set up with turn signals on bottom, wierd.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Ive changed mine with the signal at the bottom and the signal is much more clear.

I think that in a 240z it would probably be preference solely.

Do 240z's have a split upper lens like in 280's?

The 280z lens style has a lower lens and an upper lens that is split to include a smaller inside indicator.

I wonder what that is for actually?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.