IGNORED

Slavage Yards with a Z in NJ area

ajmcforester

I've been having a hard time with replacing fasteners and a few hose clamps. I didn't originate from the area I live in now and don't know the salvage yards well enough to find another Z any help? PA, DE, Maryland, southen NY, and NJ locations will work. I've called all the salvage yards several times, I'm about to make a trip west to get the parts if I can't find them hear.

I live just south of the mason/ dixon line (in Dixie) and have been crawling around the junk yards in this area for the better part of the last three decades. GOOD LUCK finding a decent parts car in the pick-n-pays in the north east. Almost all of the early stuff has been crushed. Besides, if you are only looking for clamps and hardware, don't be so pickie, almost any car of the same era will have the same types of hardware under the hood.

I'd agree that almost any Datsun will do but I don't find them either. NJ has a small part below the Mason/Dixon line and part that fells well below that line (Salem County). Let me know if you find one to pick from down your way I used to go to a yard in Erie, CO which was almost an hour drive back then to get parts for my first Z.

Hey AJ, if it is any help to you, I can look for fasteners and hose clamps at the junkyard. What kind did you have in mind? Let me know.

That would be great it would be nice to find a car that I can pull sometimes you find parts you want to hold.

These will match any 240z

All bolts for timing cover, and water-pump, all the fasteners to mount the alternator

Screws for grill, wiper arm mounts (under the cowl), all the screws that hold all the parts connected to the left wheel well inside the engine compartment ( the scews that hold the light, fuel filter . . .), rear brake light screws, filler neck screws, the ones that connect the headlight support to the inner fender.

Hose clamps looking for the original wire type for the heater hose, bunch of the small fuel hose clamps, the ones that connect to the intake manifold, the fuel inlet hose, all the tank clamps.

On any of the fasteners and hose clamps that are original if your stripping a car down I could take, having extras would be nice. Like the round headed screws the current factory replacement numbers are bolts not screws I learned this the hard way. Besides I have the stuff to plate.

If you find these parts 70/71 ashtray, good smog pump, black sunvisors

Hey AJ,

These were the fasteners that I had in a small plastic bag in my garage. I got some more hose clamps off of an extra gas expansion tank that I bought. The screws on the top left are all 6mm, not sure the length but I do know that the top 2 are from the arm that holds the hood open. The rest of the bolts I am not sure of, probably "extra parts" I had left over when putting everything back together.

The quarters on the hose clamps are for size only! Unless you really need them... LOL

Let me know if any of these will work for you.

post-21059-14150814590923_thumb.jpg

Dam, I contacted them this weekend nope we have no Datsuns or 240z, 260z, or 280z. Thanks for the help, It looks like faster striping time did you need some parts?

Decoy12 Yes I can use 95% of what you have their. The other 5% I'll keep on hand. I'll PM you later