IGNORED

1978 280Z FACTORY convertible!! Looking for some info

chuckc

• 2 weeks later...
Part of why I came here was because I had a guy track this car down and wanted to know if I wanted to sell it. He remembered it from when my Uncle used to work on his old Z car (20 plus years ago). I never looked into what the car was and figured I better see what I had. Going from memory and what he had writen down i thought it was a little more unique. Not sure if I'm going to sell it or not. However, everything is for sale for the right price... :D

Thanks for everyone providing feedback!

P.S. It has just shy of 40,000 original miles... I'll get some pics posted with the top up next time I go to the shop.

I suggest that you sell it. I think that there will be a lot of interested buyers. :D

• 10 years later...

This 280Z roadster turned up at a local classics dealer.

It's a Griffith convertable. Asking big bucks for it..... €69k

It seems like a rushed build. No boot and the convertable cap is thrown under the rear lid. I wonder how you get to the rear taillights to replace the bulbs etc?

Griffith custom coach also converted the 280Z bumpers to the 240Z style. Insteresting how they left the 280Z rear bumper gap shield. Like 

The design looks a little rushed. There are 39 photos on the ERclassics website and an article in Autovisie.nl but not one photo of the undercarrage and required reinforcing. I should have taken some when I was there, but the sales rep rushed over to what het thought a potential buyer (me)..... €69k uuummm don't think so.

The front is a simple job of removing the old 280Z bumper and fitting the 240Z bumper. It looks a little odd with the big air gap under the bumper.

https://www.erclassics.com/datsun-280z-1977-d9195/

ERclassics 280Z.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-04.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-02.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-07.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-03.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-05.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-06.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-03.jpg

Griffith roadster 280Z-08.jpg

Edited by EuroDat