IGNORED

240K GT parts

khughes

Hi Guys,

i need to clear some of the stuff i have lying around. Got the following left over from the GT.

-240K GT intake manifold and carby - not sure how well the carb will work, it would probably need a new seal kit, but the GT manifold, from what i can gather it is a much wanted part for any 240k that has to stick to factory homogolation and needs the best flowing intake ie. racing $150

-240K GT 4 speed manual gearbox $free

pickup on the gearbox, can freight the intake at cost.

make me an offer, or i am afraid it will go onto ebay, and failing that.. the bin :( they really need to go in the next couple of weeks

Edited by khughes

i believe the runners on the intake are longer too.. will grab a pic tonight.

GT's were very early build cars (mine was #280 and australian complied in 01/73), they also lacked some of the emmisions stuff that the later ones had. i am guessing this is why they came with more performance orientated intakes.

the story goes that they switched badges to GL's to get over a public/insurance misconception (and insurance brackets), i have only heard of a handful of australian GT's in the wild.. mine is now in the US

there are some pic's of Art's 240K GT intake manifold over at : http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/52196-aussie-skyline-history/page__st__80

Edited by khughes

when trying to engineer a car, anything before November 1975 has a much more relaxed pollution guide line....with my 75 rb25 coupe I had to pass emissions at idle and noise test at idle, where as my brothers 77 sedan with the triple webers needed the works, from full noise test, emissions test and all canisters installed.

• 1 year later...