IGNORED

1974 KHGC110 240K - my new project!

Torker Man

Getting some bits together for the KHGC, got carbs, and some body kit pieces from a couple of good blokes here in this forum!!

Cheers! :)

And today I ordered my new number plates.

I like the vic roads 3 x 3 plates, they have that old school look that I was after, and as luck would have it the combo I wanted was available, so I ordered them!

plate.jpg

Now I know that the chasis number goes KHGC110, but was limited to 3 letters 3 numbers.

...and besides KHG-110 looked better that HGC-110.

Not bad at $295 when everyday slimline plates are $68 or some $^!#!

Hey Tokerman, I was flicking through your pics again when I noticed that you bought the car from Evan, I originally bought my car off Evan as well. My coupe was originally stripped of glass, doors, chrome, engine and gearbox to complete your car....hope all that came with your buy, good luck......Kid-k

Hey Tokerman, I was flicking through your pics again when I noticed that you bought the car from Evan, I originally bought my car off Evan as well. My coupe was originally stripped of glass, doors, chrome, engine and gearbox to complete your car....hope all that came with your buy, good luck......Kid-k

ha ha, yes it did mate, doors, g/box, pedal box, console, rear 1/4 windows etc..

How does yours look now??

Have you known Ev for long??

Adam

Hi, Know Evan for awhile, he does deliveries for the Hot Rod place next to our factory, that's how we found my coupe. He saw the sedan outside one day and told us that he a K in storage that was going to the crusher if nobody wanted...but as you know it was striped of all the good parts and the front end panels where all damaged as well...$350............. I think it came out OK!

post-16763-14150814468823_thumb.jpg

post-16763-14150814469079_thumb.jpg

O.K, a couple of pics..

I restored all the badge work off the car.

They were all faded and the remaining paintwork inside the badges was cracked and shitty, so gave them a once over.

the large "240K GL" badge is usually a grey surround with white letters, but I went for black with White and Red letters.

I used some anno paint in Red for the small GL ones, and it looks pretty standard, and hit the smaller 'Datsun' one from the bootlid with the anno paint over the crhome letters, and after I had re done the black.

Happy with them for now

badge.jpg

badge1.jpg

badge2.jpg

Guest Flauski

what is the colour you used for around the "Datsun" badges? Did you match it to the original? I am trying to sort a colour for my rear tail light panel