IGNORED

Rubber Hood-Bumpers

ajmcforester

I got some new rubber bumper for my car and I notice they don't match the originals in height. I got them from Z Car Source, I don't know if they are factory (nissan) part or some aftermarket. Can you find correct ones, who has them? The orange painted one is the orriginal

post-7115-14150813992642_thumb.jpg

post-7115-14150813993185_thumb.jpg

The thing I don't like about this part not matching is it guides the hood into position, and keeps it from raddling. With the original it touches at the bottom and on the side at the top the new one can only touch the bottom of the hood since it is short. My first Z had the new ones and you would see vibrations on the hood that I didn't see with this car. I hope these are aftermarkets and maybe Nissan sells the correct ones.

This is another product that Z Car Source sold me and told me it was like original when it is not.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new hood bumpers from Courtesy a couple of days ago. Yep, the new ones are different that the originals. I find it interesting the mfr. packaging is qty 5 when you only need 4 for a car! :ermm:

I took some measurements of the old vs. new, here are the results:

- overall height: old - 0.92"; new - 0.77"

- bottom step thickness: old - 0.20"; new - 0.11"

Looks like it is all about making do with less!

Jim

post-22303-14150814110615_thumb.jpg

post-22303-14150814110973_thumb.jpg

• 12 years later...