IGNORED

Center Cap dia for older slott wheels?

Love my 72 240Z

Good day. Have an older set of "slotts" for my 240Z and need center caps. My opening measures 3 1/8. Contacted Motorsports and they have a set with 3 3/16 opening (plastic material). Motorsport Rep did not know if this 1/16 inch difference would make a big difference. If they did not fit and I broke one trying to get it on - Motorsport would not accept a return on a broken part. Therefore, I will turn to the pros here: does anyone have any "educated guess" on whether these caps will work? Are caps available in "metal" instead of plastic? Or is there another place to order caps?

Thanks,

David Jacks

Fort Worth, Texas

1972 240Z

Sounds like your slots are Appliance brand. I could tell for certain if you post a picture. But the 3 1/8" size is pretty definitive. There are a couple of places where you can get metal snap-in caps that will fit, one is Summit racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEW%2DACC310706?autofilter=1&part=AEW%2DACC310706&N=700+115&autoview=sku

...or you can call Massey's Accessories in Oklahoma at 405-239-2010.

Arne and Casey,

Thank you for the help and the clear direction.

I guess I will try the metal ones. Although I do like the look of the "taller" cone shaped caps verses the more shallow or shorter domed shaped caps :)

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

David Jacks

Fort Worth, Texas

1972 240Z

Are these tall enough to clear the dust cap on the front bearings? Or do you need to leave them off or 'flatten" the dust cap for proper fit?
When used on Appliance wheels, there are no dust cover clearance issues.