IGNORED

Tires touching Springs

luke002

Hello All!

I have P205/60R15 Radial tires, that were recently mounted on it. On the front two wheels they are rubbing against the springs slightly. the tires are probably too big. Could I fix this problem by replacing both springs with slightly smaller springs so they no longer touch the tire?

Thanks in advance

-Lukas

'78 280z

would I have to install the 5mm wheel spacers on both the front and back?

I don't know my wheel offset, the wheels were "professionally" done could they have messed up the wheel offset? Either way it looks like those 5 mm wheel spacers will work exceedingly well to fix the problem! What a relief...thanks for the advice. Now I just have to find out how to install them.

The wheel offset is an aspect of the particular wheel; has nothing to do with how it was mounted. I had 225/60R14 on my 78 which was also lowered and the tires didn't rub.

Correct, I have the same tire size on my lowered 260Z.

Wheel offset explanation: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/wheel-tech.html

You have wheels with a high positive offset.

would I have to install the 5mm wheel spacers on both the front and back?

I don't know my wheel offset, the wheels were "professionally" done could they have messed up the wheel offset? Either way it looks like those 5 mm wheel spacers will work exceedingly well to fix the problem! What a relief...thanks for the advice. Now I just have to find out how to install them.

Ok, wheel spacers may not be the solution for everyone, but they do exist for the very reason you need them...to move a scrubbing tyre off what its scrubbing!

To install....take your wheel off the car, put the spacer on the wheel lugs and put your wheel back on. That's it.

If ya "just gotta have these wheels and tyres on the car", this is your most simple solution.

Good luck mate.

If you use a spacer, don't go too thick on the original studs, you won't have any threads left for the lug nut. I can tell you that a 10mm spacer is too thick for the original studs.

I agree though that proper fitting wheels are ideal. They just might not be in the budget right away

:beer: