time for new clutch - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

time for new clutch

Featured Replies

Started the process of dropping the transmission in order to replace the clutch and the first thing I found out of the ordinary was the shift lever had no bushings at all. After a search on the forum, I found the brass bushing trick it worked great! I put the shifter back in and it shifts like new!!

:beer:

  • Author

No love here..........

Anyhow I dropped the transmission this weekend and learned that I did not need a new clutch at all :stupid::stupid::stupid:

old one had little wear everything looked good I just needed to bleed the slave cylinder. Well I put a new clutch in in any case and drove the car for the first time since starting bodywork spring of last year, yippy skippy I love my Z! (drained and replaced the fluid with red line 90, it shifts smooth as sh!t out a ducks arse).

Nice that you were finally able to take her for a spin.

Since last spring? That's a long drought. Must have felt good to drive it again!

I hope you replaced the clutch slave cylinder or any other component that may have looked a little moist.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.