IGNORED

Windshield Mount Rearview Mirror

ZCurves

Hello everyone,

I am not satisfied with the OEM Datsun Z car rearview mirrors that I have been finding and I was wondering if anyone has replaced their mirror with a domestic style windshield mount mirror?

I have restored my Z and just hate it that I cannot find a clean OEM rearview mirror. Either the glass is messed up or the plastic is all toasty from years of heat and sunlight.

Please let me know what you guys (& Gals) have done. :classic:

HLS30.com did a write-up on how to remove the glass from the review mirror a year or two ago http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24194. After it is removed you can get the back side resilvered. I took a couple spares apart a year ago, but haven't gotten around to getting them resilvered and reassembled yet.

-Mike

Hello everyone,

I am not satisfied with the OEM Datsun Z car rearview mirrors that I have been finding and I was wondering if anyone has replaced their mirror with a domestic style windshield mount mirror?

I have restored my Z and just hate it that I cannot find a clean OEM rearview mirror. Either the glass is messed up or the plastic is all toasty from years of heat and sunlight.

I've got a N.O.S. mirror available, but just not sure what the current market value is.

Are they NLA @ the dealer?

i have been trying to find a solution for this as well and think that their must be a way to replace just the glass or possibly the mirror part on the stock stem...will let you know what i figure out

I'll do the same.

Hello everyone,

Well, one cool solution I recently tried was to replace it with exact reproduction NISMO/DATSUN COMPETITION rear view mirror that was only available to factory racing Z432 and Slyline GTR (Hakosuka)cars. This one uses your old mirror stem and looks very very cool. This one is not a cheap plastic contruction like original one.

:)

I introduced it in my thred last year........

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39147&highlight=nismo+rear+view+mirror

post-16910-14150813235606_thumb.jpg

Edited by esprist

I've got a N.O.S. mirror available, but just not sure what the current market value is.

Are they NLA @ the dealer?

Ok............... Just checked in with Courtesy Nissan and was informed they were NLA and no dealers showed any in stock. Their last price on the books was $109.72.

So, does anyone have an opinion on fair prices for NLA parts?

Here's some pics of the mirror I have.

post-10534-14150813235781_thumb.jpg

post-10534-14150813236563_thumb.jpg

Ok............... Just checked in with Courtesy Nissan and was informed they were NLA and no dealers showed any in stock. Their last price on the books was $109.72.

So, does anyone have an opinion on fair prices for NLA parts?

Here's some pics of the mirror I have.

Well, I certainly would pay you the $109 and then some....but the realistic side of me says that you should put it on eBay and see what you could get for it.

Don't get me wrong, I need a nice RV Mirror, but I also many other little things for my Z - so I have to choose my battles and spend accordingly. ;)