IGNORED

pertronix/ flamethrower install Question

KAL7467

I am installing the pertronics setup with the flamethrower 3.0ohm coil. This setup tells me to not use the balist resistor. my question is where do the 2 wires going to the ballist restisto go in the new setup? I assume the go to the 2 extra spots on the coil but just want to double check...thanks in advance

I presume you're speaking of the wires, one of which goes to one end of the resistor and the other to the other end of the resistor??

If so, merely join them together or move both wires to one end of the resistor, leaving the other end of the resistor without a wire.

as Frank said. move the hot side (battery end) of the ballast resistor connection direct to the coil. The ballast resistor is simply a high wattage resistor that is inline with the 12v positive connection on the coil.

so are you saying not to join them and to connect only the hot side to the hot side of the coil and leave the other side butted off and tied up?

It would be cleaner to remove the ballast resistor and take the 12v directly to the coil. Caveat here though is that I'm not familiar how the ballast resistor is wired in on the 240 so I'm not sure if it can be removed easily. The main thing is that you just bypass it with whatever means necessary.