IGNORED

AC Duct Work Questions

ZCurves

I am preparing my dash to go back in the car and I have forgotten the orientation of the plastic ducts inside the dash (see picture). To make things worse, it appears that I have two (Drivers Side?) ducts.

I have consulted the FSM and Fiche, still stuck.:stupid:

Could some of you please look at yours (especially if you have a '78) and let me know? Pics, although difficult on an installed dash, would be nice.

I am especially confused about the smaller hose that feeds the vent under the steering column. Thanks in advance.

post-7312-1415081278698_thumb.jpg

Andrew, I think I have slinky hoses on mine. I had assumed that was the OEM configuration. Maybe not?

Or is it that slinky hoses come out of the air handler and connect to one of the things like you're holding?

I'll take a look when it's daylight and when it stops raining.

Andrew, I think I have slinky hoses on mine. I had assumed that was the OEM configuration. Maybe not?

Or is it that slinky hoses come out of the air handler and connect to one of the things like you're holding?

I'll take a look when it's daylight and when it stops raining.

Thanks for your help! The slinky hoses attach to the duct that I am holding, I am just having problems figuring out the orientation of the duct. Is there one on the passenger side like what I am holding? Is it a 'mirror image' of the one I am holding?

I looked at the Micro-Fiche and it does not show much either. I guess a few picture from a few of my Z Car friends will be what it takes.

Andrew, I think my car is missing that part. I seem to have slinky hoses from the air handler to both vents (driver and passenger). The only clue I could offer (maybe) is that the slinky hose on the driver side is in two parts. The end connecting to the vent appears to be original duct. The length from the end of that to my air handler seems to be modern material, and perhaps that's where you duct piece would go?

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in on this one since I actually spent the time to figure out what that part is...

It's for AC, and it is used to connect ductwork down to the floor. take a look here:

http://carfiche.com/fiche009/s30/4/i01.gif

You will see that hoses 60 and 64 connect to the part you have in the picture.

As of last year all of the ducts were still available. For part numbers, look here:

http://carfiche.com/fiche009/s30/4/h02.gif

I bought 50, 51, and 54 (take a look at the description for 56, it's the plug for the missing duct that goes to the floor)

Hope this helps.

okay

I just took mine apart due to dash restore.... that duct attaches to a small hose that goes to a switch on the dash, and yes its to send air hot or cold to the drive side floor area.

the other end connects to the front air port on drive side as well.

if your duct are dry rot like mine head over to the hardware store and get plastic vacuum line to replace them ( the kind used for shop vacs), works perfrect.

got to give credit to Jon at Motorsports for this idea.

if you need pics let me know and I'll snap a few before my dash goes back in.