IGNORED

trying to fix exterior door handle

raltz

hello, just wondering can anyone recommend some type of adhesive that would work like magic to fix my passenger side door handle.

most people probably had the same problem as i did if they replaced or repaired their door handle, mine snapped on plastic part where the lever connects too.

i know most will say just to replace it, but being from canada, it takes for ever for parts to get shipped here, not to mention sometimes it gets held up in customs.

i am trying to look for the cheaper alternative, i tried some products called "cold weld" but that doesn't work, it looks like after it cures it does, but when you go and try to test it out and pull on the lever it just snaps again...

so if anyone had had this problem and has done a simple fix by gluing it back together and it still works like new, can you please tell me what you used

Thank you

Year of your car? Put your information IN your signature (User Control Panel, Settings & Options, Edit Signature), that way people don't have to research what model you have.

For the early vehicles you could swap the passenger handle to the driver and vice versa. The lever arms are duplicated and each side only uses one.

FWIW

E

Enrique, there's a lot of irony in your last post, which shows absolutely no information about which model(s) of Z YOU own! Just funny, that's all... ;-)

That's because I'm usually on here either helping others or asking on behalf of others whose vehicles don't match the specs on my cars.

If the guy whom I'm helping owns a 73 240, MT and he needs a 3 wire tach (which was the latest Z I worked on), I don't need to tell everyone that it's not the 71, the 72, nor the 73 (early) that I own that I'm looking for parts for, nor hearing that neither the 67(P) or the 68 ® SxL311's used an electronic tach. I would STILL have to clarify WHICH vehicle I'm working on, and if it weren't one of mine, I'd have to clarify THAT.

When I post anything about any of the vehicles I own, I try to make sure I post the information regarding the specific vehicle I'm working on. (I qualify this because sure as snot someone will do a search of all 4k plus posts I've made to try to find some that belie this claim.)

That is something that a lot of people who are asking for help do NOT do. I'm sure that the people who are looking to GIVE help would like the model and year information, whether it's in the body of the post or in the signature. It just makes it easier than having to do some research on the poster's information BEFORE you can offer help to their question.

As Bill Cosby's Dentist visit says...."NOW, Are you satisfied?"

E