IGNORED

Dallas z owners with butterscotch interior?

saridout

I'm looking for someone in the DFW area who has a butterscotch interior, preferably from Les at Classic Datsun, so i can have a color reference for the rest of my vinyl. I'm going to buy seat covers from him in the near future, but i have to do the rest of my vinyl interior immediately and i don't think he's able to send me a sample.

I've spoken with Les several times over the past several months about this. When I first called him he had just sold his last Butterscotch interior set. What he had been using was based on a large roll of vinyl he had obtained from one of the original aftermarket suppliers of Datsun seat covers, which he obtained for the Datsun 240Z Restore Program in the late 90's. He then told me he had a couple of possible sources for the Butterscotch vinyl and to check back with him. I called back a month later, but he still hadn't checked his sources. At this point I'm resigned to changing the color altogether to go with a Black interior.

well shoot. when i talked to him earlier this year, i had the impression that he had someone else make them. does he make them by hand himself?

is there something special about auto upholstery vinyl, or will upholstery vinyl from a fabric store work just fine? i bought several yards of material from a fabric mart over on harry hines with which to cover my A pillars, and i'm sure i could get a lot more. i wonder if les will make seats from material that i provide.

jim, i would like to see your seats :) where are you located?

• 2 months later...

Hey there, i too am looking for the butterscotch fabric, i have everything but i have black door panels that i need to recover. I have 3 new oem headliners but dont want to cut them up to cover doors with. I am looking for enough to cover door panels plus cover my fiberglass dashboard and fiberglass console with. Even if someone knows a vinyl sparay that is a close match i would go that way.

I have several yards of off white real leather that could even be dyed if i could find the right color.....

William Cunningham

1975 Datsun 500Z

Edited by slyhog22056

I am also looking for the butterscotch interior (everything). I have called a number of companies with the same unfortunate results. As soon as I mention the word "butterscotch" each vendor has the some response. At this time, I am mainly looking for replacement seat covers. Any help in the direction is greatly appreciated.

I have also considered dying new seat covers (color change: white to butterscotch) to match but have been cautioned about the wear and tear qualities of this process. Has anybody else used dye a solution with lasting results? Help!!!!

Graphx, The PO of my first car had apparently painted the brown vinyl top with a green vinyl spray paint. The very harsh Texas sun eventually got the best of that coating, and it started to wear off. However, it looked pretty good for a while.

Maybe you could put a vinyl butter scotch spray coating over black? (I don't know where you'd find it, though.)

For what it's worth I have butterscotch door panels, 1/4 window trim, the back light cover and the rear sail panels...oh, and sun visors. I bought them for my car but ended up keeping my white interior.

PM if you are interested in them...they are very clean, no rips, no holes.

Chris