IGNORED

Tire size suggestion confusion

71Nissan240Z

Ive spent over an hr reading through various threads about wheel size and tire size on stock 240z.

I am buying 0offset wheels 16x8, not sure on the design yet but I know thats the size.

I want tires that will obviously not rub, but something that doesnt look goofy. The common size is 225/50/16 for this wheel. I think that is a bit wide for the front.

I was thinking a 215/50/16 for the front and 225/50/16 for the rear, for a little staggered look and feel.

What your guys suggestions on tire size with stock suspension on a 71 240z with a 16x8 0-offset wheel?

73 with lowered springs and (tired) 5-way adjustable Tokico. Faces almost the same tire/wheel choice dilemma after completing resto last year. Spent countless hours reading/searching everything on the subject. Finally went with 225/50R-16 Yokohama S.drive and 16x7 Rota RB. On my Z this combo looks great but rubbed badly on the driver side front valance (stock) and at the rear on mild bumps. At the front solved the problem by custom adjusting the stock valence. Back still need to be solved. Thinking about rolling the fender ?

If i was to redo it, i would first invest 69.99$ into Percy's WheelRite Wheel and Tire Fitment Tools and after make my choice : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PHP-01201/?rtype=10

2k1zqa.jpg2uo5bba.jpg2el9rtk.jpg

Roger that, a 205/50 is a lot smaller than a 195/60. I may end up going to a 205/50 one day if I want more tire, but I am only running a 7" wide rim, so I am stuck with what I got for now. I like how it sits and rides.

If you go with 16's a 205/50/16 will be very close to the height of the 195/60/15 :)

Tirerack has the RE960AS at 24.2" tall for 195/60/15 and my General Exclaims say 24.1".

• 4 years later...

Hey, fellas I just joined 10 minutes ago, and this is just the topic I've been

looking for. I bought my rims from Motorsportauto, 16x8 primax a while

back, still in the box because of this topic right here. The rims are already offset

for the Z car. my dilemma is having a tire shop scuffing them up trying to find the right tire. I'm not into trial and error even though it is sometimes necessay.

my car is lowered '71 240. 5 way adjustable tokico Illumina coils and shocks, urethane bushings,upgraded sway bars you know the drill. My mechanic thinks

225/40 if that is the case it would be all the way around the more road contact

the better. See Gtr vs corvette on YouTube. Gtr ran same size tires all the way around. any feedback would be great from what I've read, there still seems to be some uncertainty and rubbing issues.