IGNORED

OEM crack free dash-maintenance

IdahoKidd

This happened to me about a year ago. I'm still sick about it. No Armor All at all.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36800&highlight=dash+cracked

Bonzi Lon

THERE IS A GOLDEN RULE FOR EVERYONE WHO OWN A PERFECT DASH IF IT IS AN ORIGINAL CAR......PROTECTION, MOISTURIZING EVERY MONTH AND EVERY TIME YOU DETAIL YOUR CAR.

I owned my original Z since 2000 when I bought it from a picky collector. For sure it was perfect in every way. I drove it for enjoyment as all my other classic cars, fully restored or just original OEM.

I live in Vegas.........you know what it means.

Since the last ten years I own this car, the dash has a coat of protection every two weeks in the same way I clean the carpets..........I ALWAYS have a sun shade in the windshield no matter sun is shinning or not.........if I drive the Z to work, the car is covered with the best car cover on the market (NOAH) tailored to the Z body shape (water repellent, UV protection, sap and bird droppings).

A perfect dash needs to be conditioned to keep it in flawless condition ALL the time and not once in a while.

I think the prior poster meant 303, not 302. Here's the link:

http://www.303products.com/

I use it on my dash and it seems to work well. I also always have on a dash cover, even at shows. If a judge or someone wants to see my dash, I just take it off, but other than that it's always covered.

Bob

Leonard, hello.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant in the spray bottle is what I had been treating that dash with while it was sitting in my garage. Over the last 4 months, I probably treated it 3 times with this product.

Gary

post-9354-14150812273146_thumb.jpg

I wipe the dash with a mixture of water & baby oil. It's what I used for many years on my previous Z with no problems. On my 1st Z I used "original" Armor All on a consistent basis with no issue.

My car is garaged and I have a windshield reflector in whenever it's parked outside. I plan to sew a Dash cover before next summer, similar to what I made for my previous Z. I used "black-out" curtain material on the bottom and a tight-weave black cloth on top. Might try using a light weight vinyl on top this time to better match the interior.

...I ALWAYS have a sun shade in the windshield no matter sun is shinning or not...

That's important, UV goes right through clouds, which is why you can still get sunburned on overcast days...