IGNORED

remanufactured steering racks

anthony_c

has anyone dealt with http://www.carsteering.com?

they advertise reman'd steering racks for 215 +core. i asked who the remanufacturer was and indicated that it was done in-house.

Hi AW,

I just installed a rebuilt steering rack from carsteering.com and was very satisfied. They shipped it out quick and provided the return label for the core. I received the credit for the core within 10 days of shipping it back to them. I was given the name of this site from the president of our local Z club. He has used them and he races his Gnose Z and was very happy with their rack. The rack does include the two inner tie rods.

I would highly recommend them.

RockAuto had them up until a month or two ago. I priced it into a list of parts from them back in the spring, and left it off my order for later. Went back a few weeks ago and it was gone. The price wasn't as good as CarSteering anyway, I think I may go with them.

Please let us know how your experience goes AW.

ok, in the spirit of giving back, here's what i've found so far. perhaps it will save someone else some leg work.

<table border=1>

<tr align="right"><td></td> <td>price</td> <td>core charge</td> <td>shipping</td> <td>availability</td> <td>p/n</td> <td>brand</td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>carsteering.com</td> <td>215</td> <td>100</td> <td>free</td> <td>24 hrs</td> <td>80-70087</td> <td></td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>advanceautoparts.com</td><td>258</td> <td>29</td> <td>free</td> <td>24 hrs</td> <td>RP2101</td> <td>Fenco</td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>autozone.com</td> <td>285</td> <td>36</td> <td>free</td> <td>3-5 days</td> <td>6823</td> <td>ATSCO</td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>sfxperformance.com</td> <td>252</td> <td>0</td> <td>13.00</td> <td>14 days</td> <td>MOOES2109R</td> <td>Moog</td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>black dragon</td> <td>399</td> <td>25</td> <td></td> <td></td> <td>62-479-Z</td> <td></td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>thezstore.com</td> <td>N/A</td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>zcarsource.com</td> <td>302.52</td> <td>150</td> <td>36.97</td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>zparts.com</td> <td>?</td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td></tr>

<tr align="right"><td>oreilly</td> <td>$347</td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td></tr>

</table>

Edited by awconroy

Having bought one before from AutoZone that ended up being worse than the one it replaced. My opinion is stay clear of the chain stores. A warranty is great until you have to keep replacing it. The little guys aren't going to want to keep replacing them so I'd think/hope theirs would be much more solid.