IGNORED

Need Series 1 Radio Wiring Pictures

JohnnyO

I am pretty sure my dash harness has been molested. I picked up a Series 1 Hitachi Radio and went to test it and found both my antenna pigtail and power pigtail missing.

Does anyone have pictures of the connetors that connect the harness to the radio fuse wire and the harness to the antenna switch connections? These pictures would help the seller find the correct pigtails for me.

Thanks

John

My early 70 240 uses a large three connector plug for the antenna power connection as far the dash connector. I don't have an original radio. In the attached picture you can just see the radio three connector plug. The wires in the connector for the radio power antenna are arranged

_X_

X_X

like that and are not in line with each other. I am chasing this too. It would greatly help me if you find and post a closeup picture of all the connectors on the back of the radio if you find one.

Mike

post-18366-14150811983897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car

Mike, yes, I need the connector you are pointing to and I guess I need to make a male connector for the radio power. Mine is not there but I do have a 73 dash harness that I can cut it from if I knew the wiring layout for it. (top, middle and bottom). I could probably make the antenna whip too if I knew the layout of the wires.

John

Unfortunately, I need to get batteries for my camera, but I managed to get a few shots before they died of the antenna switch connector and power connector coming from the radio. I have a few loose harnesses I can check also.

Edit: I checked a parts harness and found both of the proper connectors you would need for connecting the antenna switch harness and the radio connector. Also, I can let you have the antenna switch jumper in the first pic, if you want it. That only leaves the connector coming from the radio, if you don't have it. I may have that here also, I'll look.

You will only have to supply your own wires and splice into where yours were removed from.

Edited by geezer

Ron,

Am I interpreting your pictures right, the pictures numbered 2 and 3 show a 3 conductor connector with the connectors for that one in line with each other like this?

XXX

and the colors are

White with black stripe

Red with blue stripe

White?

Does the blue fuse wire go into the 3 conductor connector I am asking about that has the three conductors in a row or is it a separate single conductor that has a bullet on the end?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, it is a four way connector and the blue fuse wire is one of them. There is no bullet connector. I managed to get a couple more pics with dead batteries. The terminals are positioned two rows of two.

The colors are W,W/B,R/L & L.

Bear in mind, I do not have another on hand to compare with and this may not be correct. This is just the way mine is. Time to dig out a wiring diagram? I don't think the diagrams even depict the connectors IIRC.

Ron,

Aha, I have a 4 wire connector like the one in your picture behind the non original radio that is not being used and it has only 1 wire in it, a blue one and I wondered what it was for. In looking at your picture of the connector lying on top of the radio it looks like the blue wire goes to the lower left connector? I am trying to figure out if that blue wire matches the blue wire in the female connector I have though I understand that the wires sometimes change color across a connector.

Thanks Ron,

Mike

John-

I have the same unit in my '72. I left the original radio in tact with all the connections. I added a radio cable "Y" and pulled from the "Y" side and furnished the Model 1 through the same radio lead. It works really well because I wanted the original look of the original radio. Then I mounted the Model 1 in the glovebox and use the remote to access it so I have two seperate systems sharing the same antenna lead.

Hope that helps -

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37020&highlight=retro

I sure hope I haven't misled anyone. I took the time to dig my original 10/70 dash out of storage. I found a blue wire with a female bullet connector that would accept a blue fused wire with a bullet connector on the radio and also a 3-way inline connector for the radio. The antenna switch connector does match up with this radio. This wont present much of a problem for me but now I'll have to re-evaluate what I have to offer John. In the first pic of this thread he says he needs the connector with the arrow pointing to it. I have that covered. I wonder when they switched to/or from the 4-way connectors?

Edited by geezer