IGNORED

A "what would you offer thread"

jwerner2

So Im debating on a second Z already. Its another 76 280 like the one I just bought the other week but has much more problems as far as I can see. The owner has been brief and has not confirmed any problems with the car yet ( but I keep asking ) which concerns me. Its a Craigslist find and Im gunna have to drive 2 hours to view the car. Here are some pics. I have no problem working on the body and interior cause well its a Datsun and I can only expect to replace 1/2-3/4 of the cars body panels anyway with catchy aftermarket stuff.

post-18539-14150811887326_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811887993_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811888645_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811889246_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811889823_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811914737_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811915351_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811915933_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811916674_thumb.jpg

post-18539-14150811917268_thumb.jpg

Really? I mean, considering it runs and I most likely will be doing a new paint job and some other body parts anyway is it really that bad? I wont pay no 1,000$ that's for sure...LOL!

I really cant find anything for under 1K in better shape around here. Im on the east and Z's are in horrible shape. Especially this close to the shore.

I know I ain't driving two hours to look at that one......

Even if he says 500$?

I live in Delaware anyways. Everything is at least an hour away:sick:

EDIT:

I actually just noticed the hole in the headlight bucket:cry:

Edited by jwerner2

Im not looking at it in a restoration point of view, Im looking at it as a customization point of view. As long as I dont have to do much welding Im ok with some more simple body work.

I am thinking about blowing it off but Im not understanding the logic here. The rust dont look as if its rusted through in most spots and if people can sell a sanded down rolling shell for 1,000 with no motor or trans whats wrong with getting this car for possibly half of that cost and doing some one off work?

Im not trying to be rude or anything at all.

Considering where you're at, I'd say go for it (if you can get it for about 500) and consider it a parts car. Salvage everything you can, scrap or practice on the rest. But really, it all comes down to you, the price, and your ability to store it.

Forget it. This guys a idiot. He is the type that feels he is entitled to double the value cause he cant let it go. I hate those people. If you cant let it go then fix it. If your not fixing it obviously you either dont care about it or it has no hope.

Wont budge under $1500.

Why hate him? He isn't stealing your money. If you don't like his price, don't buy - pretty simple.

FWIW, you couldn't pay me to take that car for all the reasons stated by others. I've seen some pretty ambitious rust repairs on this forum, but none of them looked THAT bad before even being disassembled.

Sorry you have no reason to be offended but its the general principal and the fact its a poor way to do business.

If you think the car looks so bad than you have to agree that its pretty lame to try and sell it and claim its worth more than what its actually worth just cause he cant let it go yet has no ambition to fix it himself. Sorry,but that's just a personal peeve I have in this used car game:ermm:.

And I know I seen way worse project cars then that doing some searching.

Like I said, I was worried about some of the rust but I have the understanding that if the car can be had cheap it can be made worth it cause I would be replacing those parts anyway. So, why pay so much more for a better looking car just to remove those parts? That and I do like the parts car idea as well.

Edited by jwerner2