IGNORED

best way to confirm gas to carbs?

bounce

i dont know SU carbs but a lot of carbs have a clear bowl window so you can look in it. id see if its filling up to much or not filling up enough which would indicate a leak in the line somewhere and possible performance issues.

You're right, you don't know SU carbs at all.

Shade133, we're glad you're in agreement with Bruce (post 7) who, by the way, rebuilds Hitachi SU carbs for a living. Talking about 'windows' in a discussion about them, just shows that you need to sit back and listen. 64 posts in 3+ days? Stop trying to impress with your automotive knowlege, it's not working. You have a lot to learn especially about these cars. You've questioned advice I've given you in attempt to help you with your emissions test. I've been around these cars since they came out, you...not so much. I do know a little about these cars, especially the fuel injected ones. Mine never failed an emissions test.

Edited by sblake01

yeah, I put new plugs in there yesterday....too bad I didn't get to the carb bowls themselves...I was stuck dinking with the apparati that's mounted on top of the carbs....strangest looking carbs I'd ever seen...LOL...upside down float, big long needle, atf as dampner fluid.....as burnt black as they were they looked like chainsaw pistons....

anyways the little windows on the carbs are two tiny clear palstic circles about 5/8's of in inch....around the circumference of the circle, (inside the carb) window you can see movement , rotational, when opening/closing the throttle linkage

everyone have a good weekend....I'll be dreaming of carb floats, fuel and spark problems, the sexy curves of the Z, the hummm of the motor...and day dreaming of fender flares, deep dish rims and mikuni six-pack carbs...

Edited by bounce

Shade133, we're glad you're in agreement with Bruce (post 7) who, by the way, rebuilds Hitachi SU carbs for a living. Talking about 'windows' in a discussion about them, just shows that you need to sit back and listen. 64 posts in 3+ days? Stop trying to impress with your automotive knowlege, it's not working. You have a lot to learn especially about these cars. You've questioned advice I've given you in attempt to help you with your emissions test. I've been around these cars since they came out, you...not so much. I do know a little about these cars, especially the fuel injected ones. Mine never failed an emissions test.

hint taken. was just trying to throw ideas out there not trying to under mind anyone or impress anyone at all.

maybe ill see you guys around, maybe not.

have a good one.

its obvious that wether im welcome here or not, that ive caused anger and frustration with you and possibly others so i see no reason to stay because the vibe im getting is you and possibly others, is that you/they wouldnt mind if i left or would rather leave then stay.

I would say, life is too short to get in an Internet spat.... lighten up, smile, and rise above Mr. Phoenix... :)

you could crash your Z off the Canyon tomorrow.....and then how would you feel about this mish mash.... I want you around :)

Anger and frustration? You're misreading the intent of what I typed. I don't take things quite that seriously. I just don't like to see misinformation. Some of the information you've supplied since you've been here, while it may be applicable to a majority of vehicles, it may not apply to the S30. That's all I was saying. And, really, isn't that what we're all here for.. to get right? (Or, at least, as right as possible)

Ok i understand but you have failed to provide with accurate information other then stating the obvious, and telling me im wrong when you can simply correct me (which im ok with ) and state the correct answer. because if im not corrected ill always be wrong and never learn the right answer.

as the post about the gear oil in the tranny, you only shot me down instead of correcting me and helping the user out by telling him/her what the actuall ammount is needed to put in the tranny. and my point is there is your seem to dedicate your time and posts in telling me im wrong and should not post unless im right, when you can simply just post the right answer yourself and end all the hastle.

Edited by Shade133

I think you're overthinking it now. I didn't answer his question because I couldn't tell what's wrong with his car from a couple of fairly low resolution pictures. And I really don't like to guess. The thread had nothing to do with how to fill the trans of what kind of lube to use. I'm done with this now. Don't be so thin skinned as to feel like a correction is being 'shot down'. Take it under advisement like anything else on the internet.

yeah, I put new plugs in there yesterday....too bad I didn't get to the carb bowls themselves...I was stuck dinking with the apparati that's mounted on top of the carbs....strangest looking carbs I'd ever seen...LOL...upside down float, big long needle, atf as dampner fluid.....as burnt black as they were they looked like chainsaw pistons....

anyways the little windows on the carbs are two tiny clear palstic circles about 5/8's of in inch....around the circumference of the circle, (inside the carb) window you can see movement , rotational, when opening/closing the throttle linkage

everyone have a good weekend....I'll be dreaming of carb floats, fuel and spark problems, the sexy curves of the Z, the hummm of the motor...and day dreaming of fender flares, deep dish rims and mikuni six-pack carbs...

let us know what you find out im eager to see what the issue was.