IGNORED

Tall Z enthusiast

Boogalou

I am 6'6" and 250 lbs

My 72 is just fine with stock seats.

My assistant at work has a 350z and I can not sit in it.

It seems the newer the car the less room there is.

I could fit a 240z when I was 19 but I certainly weighed less than 250:stupid:

That was 38 years ago

Casey

Edited by Casey_z

Shade, I love the 370Z. No complaints about anything but the seats. The bolsters dig into my back and thighs. Right now I'm looking into aftermarket seats that may be more comfortable. If that doesn't work, she's going down the road and I'll find something else. As for comparing to the 350Z, I've only driven the 350Z a few times but the 370Z is a huge step forward. The interior is a huge improvement over all the hard plastic in the 350Z. She handles like she's on a rail and I'm still running everything in stock form. I'd love to slap the Stillen supercharger on the car, but that will wait until I get the seat situation figured out.

Er, I seriously beg to differ. I owned a 78 280Z for over 12 years. The seats were in like new condition. The seats in my 2005 GTO are way more comfortable. Even the seats in my Ranger and my wifes HHR are more comfortable. You're 22...how many newer cars could you have you owned?

man your just out to start a argument with me arent you?

you sound just like my arrogant father that says age is everything.

im 22. ive owned 25+ cars since i was 17. most of them old. a few of them newer/new.

i worked at a chevy dealership for 2 in a half years in the service department. I drove every new-old chevy car that you can think of up to the new 2010 comero before i left. ive test driven super charged z06's and test driven turbo charges ones and compared the difference. ive sat in a lot of new cars vs old cars.

Regardless of my age being 22 ive owned more cars in these last few years then most 50+ year old men/women have.

but you dont see me saying i know more then any other person? or have experienced more then any other person?

i have no desire to show off what ive accomplished in my life, or that im any better then anyone else..

from the last few reply's you have quoted me on shows nothing more to me then the fact that your annoyed or threatened by me one way or another whether it be because of what i know, what ive experienced or the fact that im 22 and have experienced more then the normal 22 year old. who cares?

im not picking away at everything you say criticizing it am i?

and in another note everything i ever said was an OPINION. i was agreeing with something SOMEONE ELSE said FIRST. but yet you attack me with that nonsense about my age and what ive experienced and not the original person making the statement that he thinks his newer Z has less comfortable seats then older ones.

its all a matter of opinion as in im not telling anyone else their wrong im putting my 2 cents in.

and this all goes with my other statement that im obviously NOT welcome here by you and possibly other people. So take this as my last reply.

good luck to you all and your Datsuns, and maybe ill see some of you around, maybe not.

Have a good one.

:beer:

You know, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until this post. I've not yet talked about your character (the arrogant father comment) and/or why you post what you post nor would I do that. I'm just stating my opinion as you are stating yours. And we are both entitled. Stop being so defensive and take it for what it's worth.

Shade, I love the 370Z. No complaints about anything but the seats. The bolsters dig into my back and thighs. Right now I'm looking into aftermarket seats that may be more comfortable. If that doesn't work, she's going down the road and I'll find something else. As for comparing to the 350Z, I've only driven the 350Z a few times but the 370Z is a huge step forward. The interior is a huge improvement over all the hard plastic in the 350Z. She handles like she's on a rail and I'm still running everything in stock form. I'd love to slap the Stillen supercharger on the car, but that will wait until I get the seat situation figured out.

sounds awesome, what do you think about putting in aftermarket confort seats of some kind? (not like the racing kind) will something like that work?

Shade

Take this for the advice it's meant to be.

YOU are the new one on the forum, and in the past few days (you started posting on the 12th), you've amassed 74 posts as of this writing.

It is YOU who have bandied an opinion, point, counter-point and otherwise tried to comment on each and every thread that's been on the front page.

That's fine to do, but through all this pontificating, your car is still not performing properly. Kind of makes it difficult to accept your "advise" when your own car is having problems and you can't accept even the most basic of advice.... get the car's shop manual and do the troubleshooting listed there.

Your last post alludes to having lots of experience with Chevy's. That's commendable, even owning as many cars as you claim to have owned is good. However, the Z is different enough from the Chevy, Ford, Chrysler etc. that it stumps even experienced mechanics of those brands, which is why they come here looking for help.

These cars differ from what you're used to. The advise you're getting is specific to these cars, and your refusal to accept it, or apparent unwillingness to accept it, is because you need to "unlearn" some of what you take as gospel.

From what I've reviewed of the last weeks postings, everyone has tried to help you, and you have yet to address your own problem car yet, you are very forthcoming with advice to everyone else about items on the cars that you have yet to experience. As someone has already mentioned to you; kick back, read a bit more, learn more about these cars, then participate, otherwise you WILL offend those who've been here longer and have more experience than you.

Re-read your last post on this thread with an open mind and see if it isn't YOU who has the "attitude" problem. Go get the manual, fix your car, and then come back for more help.

FWIW

E

alright im done with this. i already got a PM from an administrator and find this outrageously annoying and retarded. i get bashed for trying to help people by SUBMITTING IDEAS ive never once said what my idea was is the exact fix. ive never once said anyone was wrong. ive never once attacked anyone else opinion. as far as my car goes. i found the issue, and i had to go to another forum to the troubleshooting help, not here. the closest anyone has gotten to helping me was telling me to check my timing and fuel injectors. which i did. and it became a timing issue, although no one could point me in the right direction. if you claim that people here helping me have more experience with this cars then how come everyone was sending me in a wild chase checking things that wont even cause my issue. i copied my thread here and posted it on another forum. within a couple posts someone told me to check my vacuum advance that it sound like its always advancing. well helllooo that looks to be the exact issue and makes perfect sense.

for being such datsun Z enthusiasts you seem to be more interested in my image here on the forum. who cares that i like to be social. isnt that what a forum is for? i give people my input in hopes it will steer them in the right direction. not once have i ever said im right and everyone else is wrong. not once have i ever criticized anyone else’s appearance or knowledge or answers or anything. ive shown nothing but respect until all focus was turned to me.

so thats fine, you dont enjoy new comers coming and being social. whatever thats your prerogative, its your forum, ill leave.

good day. best of luck to you all.

for those of you that dont want me to leave, im sorry, im just not going to take this crap its extremely unfriendly and rude.

all this is what PRIVATE messages is for. if you had an issue with something i was doing, should of PM'ed me and all this could of been avoided.

good day.

Edited by Shade133

Anyhow like I said I have long legs (no trouble with leg room). so my torso must be average. People with short mans syndrome need not respond. :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

Oh and my arse sits firmly in the drivers seat (but if my head where in it somewhere I think discomfort might be an issue).

Really though I'll bet you will have little problems being comfortable in any s30.

Edited by grantf

I've got a 34 inseam, so I'm longer in the legs. This is in the 67 1600, the 68 2000 is still in work and as such I can't say it is exactly the same, just that when I have driven it, the distance to the pedals is such that my knees bend a tad just like the 67.

Just my two cents.

E