IGNORED

OEM Weatherstrip $

kjphilippona

I see lots of talk about the weatherstrip situation and I can finally safely say the new version of the old kit is coming together this weekend. Some of you may know that I have been working with Randy at Vintage rubber to get a better kit and solution for the problems that plagued Precision since they were bought out a couple years back. As some of you may also remember this is not the first time precision has not been able to provide products for extended periods of time which really hurts all of us. Randy came to me quite a while back to tell me that he was moving forward with his own ideas of the Precision Kit and it would consist of all new molds and all new rubber made in America and any issues with the former parts would be addressed with the new products such as fit and finish issues. I loaned Randy all the new factory Nissan rubber I could find in my stash for my car and of course when you offer these parts up they get sacrificed for the cause. Anyway the full kit plus more parts are finally done and will be introduced at the JCCs show this sunday if all goes well. I am not sure of the pricing yet but it will be a little more than the Old kit but should be much better. I have suggested to Randy that we consider making an economical kit much like the precision kit but with better door rubber that actually works correctly and then also create a master kit for those doing the full resto and have the master kit have all correct original style part for the guy wanting everything absolutly original. That kit of course will be more complete and more expensive. It will take a little tweeking to get all this finalized but Randy has been working on this everyday for the past 3-4 months trying to get it right and it will be worth it if all of you guys who have been waiting will consider talking to me or Randy at vintage rubber for your Z car rubber needs. Thanks for listening and I hope this will fill the void left by the other guys.

Les

• 4 weeks later...
I see lots of talk about the weatherstrip situation and I can finally safely say the new version of the old kit is coming together this weekend. Some of you may know that I have been working with Randy at Vintage rubber to get a better kit and solution for the problems that plagued Precision since they were bought out a couple years back. As some of you may also remember this is not the first time precision has not been able to provide products for extended periods of time which really hurts all of us. Randy came to me quite a while back to tell me that he was moving forward with his own ideas of the Precision Kit and it would consist of all new molds and all new rubber made in America and any issues with the former parts would be addressed with the new products such as fit and finish issues. I loaned Randy all the new factory Nissan rubber I could find in my stash for my car and of course when you offer these parts up they get sacrificed for the cause. Anyway the full kit plus more parts are finally done and will be introduced at the JCCs show this sunday if all goes well. I am not sure of the pricing yet but it will be a little more than the Old kit but should be much better. I have suggested to Randy that we consider making an economical kit much like the precision kit but with better door rubber that actually works correctly and then also create a master kit for those doing the full resto and have the master kit have all correct original style part for the guy wanting everything absolutly original. That kit of course will be more complete and more expensive. It will take a little tweeking to get all this finalized but Randy has been working on this everyday for the past 3-4 months trying to get it right and it will be worth it if all of you guys who have been waiting will consider talking to me or Randy at vintage rubber for your Z car rubber needs. Thanks for listening and I hope this will fill the void left by the other guys.

Les

Any updates on this Les?

-Mike

I talked to Randy at Vintage Rubber recently. He has a new 19-piece "basic" kit priced at $390, said it was to be on the website "soon" but it has not made it there yet. I plan to give him a call this week to clarify details: what parts are included (Les has been offering a 19-pc kit for some time); which ones are the new extrusions; any parts from other sources. Randy also mentioned the new "master" kit, about $850 or more, I can't recall the exact price.

Jim

I called Randy on Monday, got a bit more info but not everything I hoped for. He was not at his shop when we talked, so everything was from memory. His new basic kit probably has the same list of 19 items as on Les Canady's site. He is working closely with PRP since neither one can build all items and be cost effective.

The windshield gasket is from PRP as are the main door gaskets. The door gaskets are from all new tooling. Randy gave out 3 sets of new door gaskets, says the feedback was "perfect fit" - no door bulging issues.

He said he could have a kit ready to ship within a week of an order being placed. He has been busy with tooling issues, was not aware that the new kit was not yet up on his web site (and it still isn't).

Jim