IGNORED

RB25 det swap wat to do?

dustin_haru

Hey guys looking to buy an rb to throw into my z, just wondering what is involved in throwing this bad boy into my beast. Some questions I’m most concerned about is does anyone has intergraded the stoke harness with the rb’s wiring harness? Does anyone make custom motor mounts for this swap, and does anyone make transmission cross members for this swap. thanks guys!

:beer:

I have not done this swap, but I've done lots of reading over at hybridz.org and it seems like the first step to doing this swap is to save up about $8,000 to make sure you've got enough for frame modifications, engine/transmission mounts, rear end bolstering, chassis stiffening, suspension upgrades and other stuff. It's not nearly as simple as just dropping the powertrain into the car. You'll probably want to rebuild the engine before you install it, too, just for the insurance. These things are never as simple as they appear.

• 2 months later...

@dustin_haru, i have the same question as u so wen u find anything out please let me know im planning a rb25det swap for my 72 240z check out mckinley motor sports they have the mount swap kit for $5xx.00 with shipping but if u find anything out about differential i wud appiciate it if u let me know

I'm betting that this is not the RB25 motor you are interested in....

Go over to www.hybridz.org and get all the info you need to do an RB25DET swap.

But be warned - if you fail to do a search before posting questions or post your comments in anything but complete sentences (spell each word out) you will likely be put in the "tool shed" for a period of time where you will not be allowed to post or you could end up being banned from the site.

post-7328-14150811748456_thumb.jpg

Yep, Hybrid isn't too keen on the 'texty' type stuff or non-punctuated sentences, etc. They're likely to give you a hard time simply because you're question has been asked a million times in some form and the fact that you're 17....